Terms & Conditions
Chartering a yacht can be a difficult & time-consuming process for many people…
That’s where our experienced Team steps in to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
We will take you step by step through:
- Understanding your needs and your expectations
- Suggesting the best yacht for your group
- Suggesting suitable charter areas and which islands to visit
- Offering top quality service and support throughout your holiday
- Arranging for any special requirements that you may need
- Our aim is always to arrange a perfect sailing holiday for every one of our guests
Just contact us and give us some info:
- Your experience with yachts (any sailing qualifications and if you would like a bareboat or skippered charter)
- The number of people in your party (and if any of them need a single private cabin)
- Any preferences in the islands you would like to visit
- When you are planning to visit Greece
- Any other information or questions you have regarding your charter
Prior to your arrival, we will ask for all your arrival information and a complete list of your requirements (transfers, hotel reservations, provisions, etc). We ensure to take care of each little detail so you can rest easy upon your arrival in Greece.
Charter rates are in Euro, refer to weekly charter period & include:
- Current VAT 12% (the rate is 50% discount on the full 24% VAT rate applicable, under the condition that the skipper returns stamped, by the port authorities, a declaration which states he arrived at a port which lies at a distance greater than 6nm from the initial port of embarkation).
- Use of yachts with the following equipment: VHF, Radio CD, GPS, Autopilot, Echo sounder, Speedometer, Dinghy with outboard engine, Warm water supply, Sprayhood, Bimini/tent, Blankets.
Charter rates do not include:
- Fuel, water, provisioning, extra linen running expenses & mooring fees
- Provisions: Ask for our provisioning form. Fill it in and email it to us. We’ll take care of it and on your embarkation, your food and beverages will be on-board.
- Transfer services from Airport to Base.
Compulsory per charter:
Starter Pack (not commissionable, payable at the base in cash): End cleaning, Outboard engine (free of charge), Fuel for the outboard engine, cooking gas, Water, Linen (2 sheets, 1 pillowcase, 2 bath towels per person per week, Mooring fees for the first & last night) :
- Yachts with 3 cabins 160€, 4 cabins 190€, 5 cabins 230€, 6 cabins 250€
- Catamarans: 250€
- Embarkation: starting date from 17:00.
- Disembarkation: ending day by 09:00.
- Compulsory: return to base the evening before disembarkation, at 18:00, the latest. Check-in/out procedures time is part of the charter period.
Optional Crew services:
- Skipper: 190€ per day plus his/her provisioning / Security deposit insurance is mandatory in case of skippered charter and the cost is 350€ per booking.
- Hostess: 170€ per day plus his/her provisioning, serving breakfast, and one meal daily.
- Crew Change: 200€ (the cost covers expenses for port authorities’ formalities, linen/towels, and marina fees. If cleaning is needed the cost is as per our Price List)
Optional Charter Packs:
- Internet Pack: Wi-Fi router for Internet on board (10GB), 80€
- Fast Track Pack: Fast track access to the yacht if possible: by 14:00, 100€ per charter
- Late Check-In: Late access to the yacht after 20:00 & Sunday, 100€ per charter
- Transfer from Airport to Base: Upon Request
- Pet Pack: up to 5kg 100€ / booking
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle): 80€ per charter week
- Safety net installed: 200€ per charter
- Extra linen: 10€ / Set per person / week
- Beach towels: 10€ / per piece
- Automatic Life Jacket: 25€ / week
Embarkation / Disembarkation:
Embarkation: charter period start date from 17:00
Disembarkation: charter period end date by 09:00
Return to Re-delivery Base – Compulsory: return to base the evening before disembarkation, at 17:00 the latest.
Check-in/out procedure time is considered to be part of the charter period.
- Internet discount: 10%
- Multiple weeks charter: 5%
- Boat show: 5%
- Repeat Hermes Yachting Customers 5%
- Maximum discount: 15%
Hermes Yachting charter bases: Lavrion & Preveza.
One-way fees*: Athens-Lavrion / Saronic: 300€, Athens-Dodecanese: 1100€, Athens-Sporades: 700€, Athens-Cyclades: 600€ Athens-Ionian: 1000€
The said refundable Security Deposit (2.500-4.000 euro) is required upon embarkation and will cover any
damage or loss of the yacht and her equipment during the cruise.
The charterer will provide at Base before embarkation a Security Deposit as per Hermes Yachting offer; payment by credit card, VISA or MasterCard only (no debit cards).
Security deposit reduction:
- For Yachts with 2.500-euro Deposit: 175 euro non-refundable + 1250 refundable
- For Yachts with 3.000-euro Deposit: 200 euro non-refundable + 1500 refundable
- For Yachts with 3.500-euro Deposit: 225 euro non-refundable + 1750 refundable
- For Yachts with 4.000-euro Deposit: 225 euro non-refundable + 2000 refundable
Insurance / All boats are insured against:
- Risks arising from liability to third parties and damage to hull, machinery & equipment.
- Third-party liability.
- Sea pollution liability.
- A deductible provision is applied, depending on the yacht’s value.
- All prices in Euro, pricelist subject to change without notice.
- Charter Prices include local taxes and VAT calculated as per current rates applicable and valid to this date (VAT 12% on charter fee), subject to change without prior notice or responsibility of the Broker, the Stakeholder, or the Owner.
- Should any changes in applicable tax legislation take place after booking, that results in a change of VAT and hence of total amount(s) due, then the difference will be credited or debited accordingly to the Charterer.
Down payment will secure your reservation. The final payment of the charter fee is due 45 days prior to your arrival. 1-2 weeks before your starting date you will receive details for your local contact person at the marina and a list of suggested items to bring with you from home for your sailing adventure!
- 50% down payment (of the total charter fee, depending on the booking date) is paid by the bank’s transfer to our account upon contract signing/booking confirmation.
- 50% final payment 45 days prior to embarkation.
- If the 2nd payment is not paid by the date as stated on the booking confirmation without any notice from the agency/client, then Hermes Yachting P.C. reserve the right to cancel the charter without returning the advance payments
Down payment by wire transfer (without surcharge) or online payment with a credit card (plus related credit card fee), should be settled within 1 week
Branch Address: 11 Vas. Georgiou str., 18532 Piraeus, Greece
Beneficiary: Hermes Yachting I.K.E.
Beneficiary’s Address: 92-94 Kolokotroni str., 18535 Piraeus, Greece
- One crew member presents a valid sailing certificate, proving his competence as Skipper.
- Subject to applicable Greek legislation, qualifications are to be approved by the local Port Authority on the day of departure. Charterer is always liable for the suitability of his qualification and certification.
- Day Skipper Certificates may be rejected by the Port Authority and Charterers are therefore advised to ensure they have an International Certificate of Competence (ICC). Typically, any holder of “Day Skipper” certificate can obtain their ICC from the yachting association that issued their Day Skipper certificate, and the process usually requires nothing more than a simple application.
- Hermes Yachting is not responsible if the skipper certification is rejected by Port Authority and Hermes Yachting reserves the right to require that charterers hire a professional skipper, if their sailing skills are insufficient.
In case the client needs to cancel the booking, the following terms apply:
- For bookings canceled up to 46 days prior to embarkation, 50% of the total charter fee.
- For bookings canceled less than 45 days prior to embarkation, 100% of the total charter fee.
- No show / withhold of every paid amount.
The Client has the right to lodge a complaint if he is not satisfied with the service of Hermes Yachting P.C. or the Hermes Yachting’s P.C. base is providing or believes the quality of service is incomplete and/or unsatisfactory. The Client can request a relative compensation upon return only if upon check-out of the vessel he/she submits a written complaint to email@example.com with all relevant documentation. The complaint must be issued in writing and lodged no later than 24 hours after the check-out of the vessel. Any complaints made later may affect the Client’s rights under the Charter Contract. Hermes Yachting P.C. reserves the right not to take into consideration any complaints received after the aforementioned period or incompletely documented complaints. Hermes Yachting P.C. is obliged to issue the written decision regarding the complaint not later than 14 days following its receipt. Hermes Yachting P.C. reserves the right to postpone the resolution of the complaint a further 14 days with the aim of investigating the complaint and collecting all the necessary information from persons directly or indirectly involved in the case. The highest possible compensation per complaint may equal the value of the advertised part of the service but may not include the already used part of the charter period, nor can it be equal to the full Charter Fee.
If the Client is not satisfied with the decision of Hermes Yachting P.C. and the parties cannot find a satisfactory resolution, he/she is entitled to court proceeding. Any disputes not resolved peacefully will be lodged with the Court in Athens, Greece and are subject to Greek Law.
*Hermes Yachting reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions, prices list, cancellation policy, at any time and in our sole discretion.
Any changes or modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on this Web page, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications: www.hermesyachting.com
As with any vacations, we strongly recommend that your sailing trip be insured against any unforeseen circumstances.
Extras from independent providers are subject to availability & payable prior to embarkation at the base directly by the Charterer.
For more information, please contact us @