Terms & Conditions
Chartering a yacht can be a difficult & time-consuming process for many people…
That’s where our experienced Team steps in to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
We will take you step by step through:
- Understanding your needs and your expectations
- Suggesting the best yacht for your group
- Suggesting suitable charter areas and which islands to visit
- Offering top quality service and support throughout your holiday
- Arranging for any special requirements that you may need
- Our aim is always to arrange a perfect sailing holiday for every one of our guests
Just contact us and give us some info:
- Your experience with yachts (any sailing qualifications and if you would like a bareboat or skippered charter)
- The number of people in your party (and if any of them need a single private cabin)
- Any preferences in the islands you would like to visit
- When you are planning to visit Greece
- Any other information or questions you have regarding your charter
Prior to your arrival, we will ask for all your arrival information and a complete list of your requirements (transfers, hotel reservations, provisions, etc). We ensure to take care of each little detail so you can rest easy upon your arrival in Greece.
Charter rates are in Euro, refer to weekly charter period & include:
- Current VAT 12% (the rate is 50% discount on the full 24% VAT rate applicable, under the condition that the skipper returns stamped, by the port authorities, a declaration which states he arrived at a port which lies at a distance greater than 6nm from the initial port of embarkation).
- Use of yachts with the following equipment: VHF, Radio CD, GPS, Autopilot, Echo sounder, Speedometer, Dinghy with, Warm water supply, Sprayhood, Bimini/tent, Blankets.
Charter rates do not include:
- Fuel, water, provisioning, extra linen running expenses & mooring fees.
- Provisions: Ask for our provisioning form. Fill it in and email it to us. We’ll take care of it and on your embarkation, your food and beverages will be on-board.
- Transfer services from Airport to Base.
Compulsory per charter
- Starter Pack (not commissionable, payable at the base in cash): End cleaning, Outboard engine, Fuel for the outboard engine, Cooking gas, Water, Linen (2 sheets, 1 pillowcase, 1 bath towel per person per week, Mooring fees for the first & last night).
- Yachts with 3 cabins 130€, 4 cabins 170€, 5 cabins 210€, 6 cabins 250€.
- Catamarans: 250€.
- Embarkation: starting date from 17h00.
- Disembarkation: ending day by 09h00.
- Compulsory: return to base the evening before disembarkation, at 18h00 the latest. Check-in/out procedures time is part of the charter period.
Optional Crew services:
- Skipper: 190€ per day plus provisioning.
- Hostess: 170€ per day plus provisioning, serving breakfast, and one light meal daily.
Optional Charter Packs:
- Internet Pack: Wi-Fi router for Internet on board (10GB), 80€.
- Fast Track Pack: Fast track access to the yacht if possible: by 14h00, 150€ per charter.
- Late Check-In: Late access to the yacht after 20:00 & Sunday, 100€ per charter.
- Transfer from Airport to Base: Upon Request.
- Pet Pack: up to 5kg 100€/booking.
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle): 80€ per charter week.
- Safety net installed: 200€ per charter.
- Extra linen: 10€/ Set per person/week.
- Beach towels: 10€/per piece.
- Automatic Life Jacket:30€/week.
Embarkation: charter period start date from 17h00.
Disembarkation: charter period end date by 09h00.
Return to Re-delivery Base – Compulsory: return to base the evening before disembarkation, at 18h00 the latest. Check-in/out procedures time is considered to be part of the charter period.
- Internet discount: 20%
- Multiple weeks charter: 5%
- Boat show: 5%
- Repeat Hermes Yachting Customers 5%
- Maximum discount: 25%
Hermes Yachting charter bases: Athens, Lavrion & Preveza.
One-way fees*: Athens-Lavrion / Saronic: 300€, Athens-Dodecanese: 1100€, Athens-Sporades: 700€, Athens-Cyclades: 600€ Athens-Ionian: 1000€
The said refundable Security Deposit (2.000-3.500 euro) is required upon embarkation and will cover any damage or loss of the yacht and her equipment during the cruise.
The charterer will provide at Base before embarkation a Security Deposit as per Hermes Yachting offer: payment by credit card, VISA, or MasterCard only (no debit cards).
Security deposit insurance:
- For Yachts with 2.000-euro Deposit: 400 euro non-refundable/week
- For Yachts with 2.500-euro Deposit: 450 euro non-refundable/week
- For Yachts with 3.000-euro Deposit: 500 euro non-refundable/week
- For Yachts with 3.500-euro Deposit: 550 euro non-refundable/week
Security deposit reduction:
- For Yachts with 2.000-euro Deposit: 150 euro non-refundable + 850 refundable
- For Yachts with 2.500-euro Deposit: 175 euro non-refundable + 1000 refundable
- For Yachts with 3.000-euro Deposit: 200 euro non-refundable + 1200 refundable
- For Yachts with 3.500-euro Deposit: 225 euro non-refundable + 1500 refundable
Insurance/All boats are insured against:
- Risks arising from liability to third parties and damage to hull, machinery & equipment.
- Third-party liability.
- Sea pollution liability.
- A deductible provision is applied, depending on the yacht’s value.
- All prices in Euro, pricelist subject to change without notice.
- Charter Prices include local taxes and VAT calculated as per current rates applicable and valid to this date (VAT 12% on charter fee), subject to change without prior notice or responsibility of the Broker, the Stakeholder, or the Owner.
- Should any changes in applicable tax legislation take place after booking, that results in a change of VAT, and hence of total amount(s) due, then the difference will be credited or debited accordingly to the Charterer.
Down payment will secure your reservation. The final payment of the charter fee is due 30 days prior to your arrival. 1-2 weeks before your starting date you will receive details for your local contact person at the marina and a list of suggested items to bring with you from home for your sailing adventure!
- 30% first payment (of the total charter fee, depending on the booking date) is paid by bank transfer to our account upon contract signing/booking confirmation.
- 70% third payment 30 days prior to embarkation date.
- If the 1st or 2nd payment is not paid by the date as stated on the booking confirmation without any notice from the agency/client then Hermes Yachting reserve the right to cancel the charter without returning any payments.
Down payment by wire transfer (without surcharge) or online payment with credit card (with related credit card fee on top), should be settled within 1 week
- One crew member presents a valid sailing certificate, proving his competence as Skipper.
- Subject to applicable Greek legislation, qualifications are to be approved by the local Port Authority on the day of departure. Charterer is at all times liable for the suitability of his qualification and certification.
- Day Skipper Certificates may be rejected by the Port Authority and Charterers are therefore advised to ensure they have an International Certificate of Competence (ICC). Typically, any holder of the “Day Skipper” certificate can obtain their ICC from the yachting association that issued their Day Skipper certificate and the process usually requires nothing more than a simple application.
- Hermes Yachting is not responsible if the skipper certification is rejected by Port Authority and Hermes Yachting reserves the right to require that charterers hire a professional skipper if their sailing skills are insufficient.
In case you have to cancel your booking, the following terms apply:
- For bookings cancelled up to 31 days prior to embarkation, 30% of the total charter fee.
- For bookings cancelled less than 30 days prior to embarkation, 100% of the total charter fee.
- No show/withhold of every paid amount.
*Hermes Yachting reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions, prices list, cancellation policy, at any time and in our sole discretion.
Any changes or modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on this Web page, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications: www.hermesyachting.com
As with any vacations, we strongly recommend that your sailing trip be insured against any unforeseen circumstances.
Extras from independent providers are subject to availability & payable prior to embarkation at the base directly by the Charterer.